So here's a bit of a rundown of what has worked (& didn't work) for us this year.
J12
*FLVS (Florida Virtual School)--this was our 1st year using a virtual school. I thought it would be best for her (& my sanity!) if we went this route. I was going to have all 3 kids doing "official" school this year & since I was planning it all out myself using bits of pieces of what I could find online I thought hers would be a lifesaver & give me more time to have 1-on-1 interaction with the 2 younger ones. It wasn't. I do have to say that she absolutely loved her Language Arts class & her Science class but that's it. The schedule was not flexible & to do 4 core classes it took her ALL DAY. Who, as a homeschooling student & teacher, wants to do school ALL DAY?! I also had to help her out A LOT which defeated the purpose of why I signed her up in the 1st place. Plus. you have to be very computer smart since the projects they have to do require some skills.
We have decided we will not continue with FLVS for the core subjects during the next school year. She does though want to pick up a class at a time of the "extra fun stuff" as she calls it...LOL.
*Easy Peasy All-In-One Homeschool ( http://allinonehomeschool.com/ )
LOVE LOVE LOVE this site for her! Since she was down to 2 online classes at the time I figured it was time to add more. I had already started using EP for my other 2. I started J12 on Year 4 level M which is the "extras" such as Bible, Science, History, Art, Music, & some Computer. She reads through the directions & does the work ALL ON HER OWN & enjoys it! She will finish the EP curriculum in maybe an hour tops! She has already decided to use it for the full curriculum next school year. Lee (the creator of EP) is an awesome homeschooling mama herself & has created this whole curriculum for PreK-8th so far. She is working on 9th grade+ now.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to see what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by!