We've Moved!

Make sure to follow along with us at Daily Deals from a Nerd Mom!



Posts may contain affiliate links - Disclosure Policy

Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up/Homeschool Mother's Journal (11/11/13)



   Not too much went on this past week. We mainly did a lot of our Ancient Rome study so we could finish that up before this week. We did a lapbook & activities I had found online. J12 is still reading Beowulf & L8 is trying out his first chapter book. He gets frustrated after a few pages so we take a lot of breaks.

   Our truck has been broke down since before Halloween & we thought we would have had it fixed by this weekend. That didn't work out so *fingers crossed* & lots of prayers that it does next weekend!

   This past weekend I decided to reorganize & rearrange the dining room/classroom.

This is an old pic & for some reason I cannot find a more recent one. Just imagine the playhouse gone & the dining table in its place like the 'after' pic below!


I love it this way! Now with the love seat in there we can cuddle while checking things out together on the pc or reading. (Ignore the pc on the floor next to the love seat....the hubs was working on it.)

      I need to put our world map back up & move the dry-erase board over from behind the tv to over by the bookshelf. I have a lot more wall space now!

      I broke out my rotisserie that has been put up for about 2 years! I forgot just how much we loved cooking chicken in it! I made a special spot on the counter so it's easier to get too..lol.

      This week, I want to look for a lapbook/file folder game, or something along those lines, for the different measurements of time for L8 & M6 to work on together. They have ideas but we need to get that down. If you have any ideas feel free to let me know in the comment section below!

       I also need to start planning the Thanksgiving dinner. I can't believe it's so close....we are still wearing shorts & flip flops here in FL so it's hard to get into the 'holiday spirit'.


Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!





Linked up with:
Homegrown LearnersMy Joy-Filled Life

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you may not think much went on, but from an outsider, looking in, I wish I could send my kids to your HS!
    Love the setting, your whole attitude and all!

    Great pics too. I'm following thru soc media...looking fwd to more posts.:)

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping over at my blog for the DW cake.:) Be well and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit of moving things around refreshes the energy too. Everything looks new and exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! We needed that around here desperately..lol. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

I would love to see what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by!