(Contains affiliate links.)
I am so excited to share with you my review of Celebrate Jesus: An Advent Resource For Families By Amy Blevins. This advent guide is full of great ideas to celebrate Jesus!
I am so excited to share with you my review of Celebrate Jesus: An Advent Resource For Families By Amy Blevins. This advent guide is full of great ideas to celebrate Jesus!
I love how she has everything laid out for you with a daily schedule with daily scriptures, advent candles, activities/crafts, simple treats/recipes, copywork, & more! It is so easy to just open it up to the day you are on & go. That makes life a lot easier since I don't have to sit down & plan out what to do every day! There is also a Master Supply List so you can have everything you need ready beforehand. I have been known to skip things in the past when we come to it & realize "Oops! I didn't realize we needed that so let's just skip it!". All of these crafts are very easy to do & there are also links for coloring pages & songs to go along with the study!
81 page eBook includes:
-Daily Schedule for 24 days (starts Sun., Dec. 1)
-13 Holiday Recipe cards (plus blank ones for you to include your own!)
-24 pages of copywork
-Master Supply List for all activities/crafts
There are some great recipes that we plan on trying as we continue this study. In the book it suggests some simple treats during the study but there are also some great recipes such as Peanut Butter Fudge, Ginger Creams, & even some Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free ones!
All of this is packed into 1 great eBook & for only $4.99!

The kids are loving this study! It really helps us to get into the holiday spirit...especially since here in Florida the weather is still near the 80's!
About the Author:
Amy Blevins is a military wife & homeschooling mom to 6 kids (including twins!) who lives in southern California. Her other eBooks include "Thanksgiving Copywork for Children" & "Listening To Learn: Using Audio Files In Your Homeschool". She is also a blogger & can find her at Bow of Bronze & Homeschool Encouragement.
Giveaway:
One reader will win a copy of Celebrate Jesus: An Advent Journey For Families! Winner will be selected Sat., Nov. 30.
Happy Holidays!





.jpg)
.jpg)


I'm most excited about the "all laid out" part of this resource! :) As much as I love planning, time always seems to get away from me, so having it all planned out will be a huge help. :)
ReplyDeleteYes! I love it!!
DeleteWow, Jess...first of all, awesome review. The book sounds like a must-have resource! Amy is so darn creative! And I completely love how you describe it and the activities you've done with the kids so far. I HOPE I win...tho I never win raffles...but if i do not, I will def come back to buy the book.
ReplyDeleteOk, I THOUGHT I was already following you on FB; so it's great that I clicked over to you when I saw your post on FB....following you by email too so I don't miss anything. You have a truly wonderful resource here, Jess. You're really doing a wonderful service to all HSing families by sharing your activities and etc. This blog rocks.
Thanks for sharing the advent resource! (I'm on the B of B team as well, but I have not had the 'courage' to sign up to review anything yet!)
Havea great night and a very happy Thanksgiving!
~Chris
Chris....my goodness I love you! :D Thank you so much for the kind words! I really enjoy your blog as well. I can't wait until this weekend when we decorate for Christmas & then really dig into the study next week! Geronimo!!
DeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
Jess
been trying to find an Advent "study" to follow that included ideas for activities...i am NOT an idea person. this seems great...
ReplyDeleteI am NOT an idea person either! I like to think I am & try...so this really helped a ton. Thanks for stopping by :)
DeleteWhat a fabulous resource. Amy is awesome and so are you. Great review. I'm coming to late fr the giveaway, but wanted to thank you for linking this up with us at the homeschoollinkup!
ReplyDeleteThank you & thanks for hosting a great link up!
Delete