This week was a crazy week. Between the hubs hurting his arm/chest & missing a few days of work, to me waking up with a sore shoulder & not being able to move it for a whole day (getting old I guess), M6 & J12 getting sick, & now me....we hardly got anything done!!
Oh yes...almost forgot that I had run out of ink for my printer over the weekend & wasn't able to print anything until Wednesday morning!!
We were eventually able to do some free Christmas printables that I found online. You can find those:
-FREE Christmas Resources Round-up
-More Great Christmas Resources For Free
On Monday we received a package from our lovely friends from England! All sorts of baking gadgets (Doctor Who themed!!) & a few things were put away for M6's birthday party next month. She has been planning a Doctor Who party so these couldn't have been more perfect! We were all hoping to be able to use them but we haven't yet for reasons stated above. Yes, we will Christmas-up these cookies! Doctor Who & Christmas just go together. There is also a gingerbread T.A.R.D.I.S. in the plans. ;)
J12 has been wanting to do a Victorian-themed Christmas unit so I have been finding a bunch of goodies for that. I will post those at a later date when I have it all organized. Also, I am planning a Grinch unit for M6 & L8 next week from a blog post I found recently at Lemon Lime Adventures .
One thing that did get started this week was our review of Keyboarding Classroom.
I set L8 up with this one & was surprised when he took to it & actually liked it! He's the one who fights me the most on school & lately it's been the worst. I only asked him jokingly if he wanted to do it & he said yes so I ran with it! As of now, my review copy is a single-user license but when he is finished with it I can use it for the girls if they wanted to. They do have options to buy dual or more licenses & the finger guards are free! (Which honestly our 1st thoughts were that they were disposal razors! haha)
I finished up my review for Write From History earlier this week. That was a lot of fun & we are planning to continue using that this year since it fits so perfectly with our history study!
I also started another Facebook page: Daily Deals From A Nerd Mom. You can find that & this blog FB page on the right side up top. ---->
Hopefully next week I will have some Christmas-y goodies to blog about! I cannot wait to get started on our cookie & T.A.R.D.I.S. decorating...plus I found a cute idea on Pinterest to make mini graham cracker houses! This would be a neat way for each of the kids to decorate their own house.
Happy Holidays!









Wow the Victorian themed Christmas unit sound so interesting. I would love to hear what you did and how your kids enjoyed it. I love the sound of this learning!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the typing. You know, kids go in stages and they enjoy learning what they are interested in. I'm glad you found something that interests your son. Typing is a very important skill!
Nice work on the history review. Isn't it great when you can actually use the items you review in your homeschool? It's really great - because in most cases I wouldn't have even known about them.
Thank you so much for linking up with us at the homeschoollinkup. I have liked your new page, and will go around and like you on social media.
Have a beautiful and safe weekend!
Thanks! LOL...after I posted this I realized just how close Christmas actually is! So I guess I need to get the Victorian resources up!
DeleteI am also finding you around the social medias I liking you :)
have a great weekend!
Oh boy, weeks like that, when everyone is hurt/sick are sooooo tough. It sounds like you were able to accomplish a LOT though!!
ReplyDeleteYes! After I wrote this up I thought, "Wow, I really did get a lot done!" LOL
DeleteThanks for stopping by & have a great weekend :)
Hi Jess,
ReplyDeleteFun package. I am just now getting to know the Dr. :) previewing to see if it's a family show. We will be doing Keyboard Classroom as well, so glad you are enjoying it.
Thanks for linking up "This Week" at Great Peace Academy.
Yayy!! So glad to hear that about Doctor Who!! My kids & I love it...it's totally a family show! Actually the original started out especially for kids in the 60's :)
DeleteCan't wait to see how much you guys enjoy Keyboard Classroom. Thanks for hosting a great link-up.
oh & you will find a ton of homeschooling mamas who are in love w/ DW! ;)
DeleteAnd another of us using Keyboard Classroom right here! (I feel like I should raise my hand or something hehe). I love reading your posts.
ReplyDeleteWe haven't gotten into DW just yet though I'm sure it's just around the corner what with my eldest turning 12 next month. 0_o Wow! I just realized he's turning 12!!! Time sure does fly!
My oldest is 12 as well!! (well, she'll be 13 in March & yes time DEF does fly!) but she started watching DW at 4..LOL. She just got me into Sherlock.
DeleteYayy another KC user....looks like we may be forming a club! ;)
Thanks for stopping by!
HI there, I just randomly found you as I was hopping through sites looking at weekly wrap-ups. I noticed you found my Grinch Day activities to try next week. You will have to let me know how they go. I have been using a typing program I really like for my boys that is free. You can find it on my What We Did Today pages. :) Can't wait to follow you more!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! I loved your Grinch unit so I will def let you know how it goes. :)
DeleteWhat a fun package from your friends! I hope everyone is feeling better by now! Thanks for sharing these resources with us at Friendship Friday!
ReplyDeleteThank you & thanks for having an awesome link-up :)
Delete